Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Year...A New Idea

New Year…What are your goals???
I just want to take a minute and clarify where the last post came from.

The Holiday Season was odd this year. Maybe it was having Lexi. Maybe it was a culmination of all three kids. I don’t think so though. These holidays jumped up on me. I wasn’t prepared and I refused to spend every night up late making up for my lack of organization during the prior year. 2009 was definitely a struggle for my husband and I. Not our marriage, per say. The apartments took a toll on us financially. The lack of over time (which we had for 10 years prior) was cut. Add in my little princess and two boys in school and we were treading water (barely). Instead of doing something, I guess I hid my head in the sand. I read blogs instead of working on the business. I wasted time instead of cleaning the house. I just coasted.
Well, this needs to end. After much self reflection and a few conversations with my man I have come up with a few goals. Not resolutions, simply some goals to help the family and myself. First, I have a good sized family. To avoid the hassle at the end of the year, we have decided to divide the adults up and purchase or make one gift a month for the adults. Then, come December 2010, I should only be focusing on the smalls. I am also going to do the same thing for my three children. I have always purchased year round. But then I have ended up with a bunch of “stuff” and not something very meaningful. I am a “it’s on sale so I’ll put it away for Christmas and then forget where I put it shopper”. Do you know anyone like that? I already know what I am getting four of the adults. Now I can just watch for prices and get the best deal.
My next goal is work on my home. It is a cluttered disaster. My boys’ rooms are good, but the rest of the house is an embarrassment. We are picking one room a month and organizing, purging, updating it so we are happy. I am not saying it will look like a magazine, but it will be functional and pleasing.
I am also breaking down my Christmas 2010 homemade gifts to a monthly schedule as well. No late nights next December for me!!!
A benefit to this is I will be able to blog my progress. Maybe I’ll even get a follower or two! I am documenting the crazy ass before pics as well as the afters. I hope you’ll grab a cup of coffee, tea, or wine and sit back and watch me finally take control of my life and my surroundings. Blessings to you this year.

~Heather

No comments: